Bernard Martin was born in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1954. He moved to Granada in 1976 to learn the art of guitar making in the workshops of José Lopez Bellido and Antonio Durán, as well as under the guidance of Eduardo Ferrer. Bernd Martin was the first German to establish himself in Granada and is widely respected for the quality of his instruments since then. Furthermore, he won the 1st price in the prestigious “Concurso Nacional de Lutheria” (National Luthiery Competition) that was organized by J. L. Romanillos in 1999.
This splendid guitar, both delicate and elegant, was built in 1996. It is hand-signed by Bernd Martin on the inside of the top. The guitar is built with a traditional seven-fan bracing and is in very good condition. The soundboard has taken a gorgeous pigmentation throughout the years. Back and sides are in perfect shape. The top has only one perfectly repaired hair-line crack along the fingerboard and only few superficial playing marks. The brilliance and clarity of the sound of this guitar are striking. Each note is pure, and overall the guitar shows great sensitivity and tenderness in its tone.
|Back and sides:||Indian rosewood|
|Air resonance frequency:||G#|