Francois Roudhloff (1781-1849) originated from the Strasbourg area, did his apprenticeship with Breton a Mirecourt. After his marriage to Miss Mauchand in 1811, he opened a workshop of his own. The style of his workmanship is elegant and personal, influenced both by the work of his master and by what he observed in guitars made by other stimulating guitar markers. The inner work is precise in every detail, and some points, such as the end block reduced to a minimum size, are peculiar to this maker. The models he proposed are distinguished for their numerous variants, to meet the demands of guitarists; but the most characteristic innovations is the fingerboard of ebony, embedded half thickness into the soundboard. This is a construction technique copied from guitars by the Neapolitan Gennaro Frabricatore, whose instruments at that time were played by great virtuosos such as Mauro Giuliani and Niccolò Paganini. This particular way of fitting the fingerboard enables the guitarist to achieve a different acoustic response. This guitar is signed with the brand “Roudhloff à Paris”. The brand “Paris” is an exclusive tradition of Mirecourt; luthiers often invented an address in Paris to gain credibility and prestige, at least in their own eyes. This guitar was built around 1825 and is in incredible good condition. The finish is original and has a beautiful patina. Back and sides are made of beautiful flamed maple wood.