A Fabergé among the world class luthiers. Joseph Jesselli is an incredible talented New York based veteran Luthier who is known for his beautiful guitars. He selects his wood and materials through a long process of screening. Due to his highly lavish detail work and build quality he finishes only 2 to 3 guitars per year. He builds as many parts as possible by himself. For example tuner buttons, bridges, pickup cover or switch knobs.
Jesselli gained attention during the 80s when Keith Richards and his guitar-tech Alan Rogan started talking about the Jesselli guitars Keith was using on records and in music videos. When one of Keith’s Jesselli guitars were featured on a double page pin up in the Guitar World Magazine Jesselli raised his profile one more time.
Here we have a one-off Oval Hole Model from about 2004 we got from a friend of Alan Rogan. This beauty features the typical attention to detail Mr. Jesselli is known for. Starting from a stunning carved spruce top over to the back and sides with highly flamed maple up to the wonderful headstock shape. Everywhere are beautiful little details. Apart from this it features a magnetic pickup under the upper fretboard and a piezo system in the bridge. This guitar ist especially designed for the use of the Pendulum Audio SPS-1 Stereo Acoustic Preamp which is included. Of course every other preamp can be used instead. There are too many details to mention everything so we can only sum up the basic information.
– massive Flame Maple Back und Sides
– Carved Spruce Top
– external Heel and Endblock out of one piece Maple
– Rosewood Fretboard with carved Binding, 20 Frets
– Self-Lubricating Bronze Frets
– Rosewood carved Korpus Binding
– Rosewood Bridge
– Bone Nut und Bridge Saddle
– Mother of Pearl Fretboard Inlays
– Gotoh 510 Tuner
– Carved Tuner Buttons
– Maple Neck and Rosewood Skunk-Stribe
– Nut width, 43mm/ 1-11/16”
– Width at 20th Fret, 55.3mm/2-11/64”
– Rosewood Tailpiece
– Scale Length 650mm/25.9”
– massive Rosewood Headstock Frontside
– magnetic Pickup under upper Fretboard
– Piezo System in Bridge
– incl. custom fitted Ameritage Humidor Case
– incl. Pendulum Audio SPS-1 Stereo Acoustic Preamp