Salvador Ibáñez (* 1854 in Valencia; † 1920) began his apprenticeship as a luthier in Calle Muela in Valencia. In 1870 he founded his own workshop where he built guitars, ukuleles and mandolins. In 1897 he built one of the first double-neck guitars. After his death in 1920 his two sons took over the workshop. This guitar was built around 1900. There are five well repaired cracks on the spruce top. Back and sides are made of rosewood. The rosette, the purfling and the bridge are abundantly decorated with mother of pearl. Also at the center of the head stock there are small square mother of pearl inlays. The original tuners have been replaced.
|Back and sides :||Rosewood|