From the eastern shores of the United States emerges the masterful craftsmanship of the celebrated guitar maker Stephan Connor. His instruments dance with effortless elegance, touched by the artistry of full-wood lattice bracing. In harmony with great concert masters such as Anabel Montesino, Marco Tamayo, and Eliot Fisk, we present to you No. 453, christened ‘Collage.’ Like all of Connor’s melodic creations, it bears a name.
Crafted in 2022 and meticulously preserved, ‘Collage’ is no ordinary guitar. Its rosette pays homage to time—a delicate fabric of various rosettes that Stephan has chosen throughout his impressive career. The headstock is adorned with exquisite mother-of-pearl inlay that gently shimmers with every note.
Unique in design, this masterpiece features a sound port that enchants the listener and can be effortlessly concealed with a magnetic cover. The sound it delivers is unmistakable—profoundly clear and deep, the embodiment of Connor’s signature resonance. Just below the bridge, there is a small notch created by a slipped string. This notch has been repaired by the guitar builder Thomas Dauge.
Stephan Connor’s creations have always been a testament to attention to detail, and it was no different when creating the rosette for this ‘Collage’ guitar. A mosaic of Stephan’s historical rosette tiles, intertwined with inspirations from the artist Otto Freundlich. The result? A radiant and luminous rosette, likely the most colorful one Stephan has ever created, and an echo of his legacy.
Consider these details:
– Scale length of 640 mm and nut width of 52 mm.
– Elevated fingerboard for precision and comfort.
– A sound port concealed with a magnetic cover.
– Subtle orientation with a 7th fret position marker.
– The innovation of a 12-hole binding block.
– Gentle armrest for comfort and grace.
– A top crafted from luxurious cedar and enveloped in elegant Indian rosewood for the back and sides.
– Safely protected in a standard TKL 9100 case.
– Tuned with Irving Sloane tuners.
– The ‘Collage’ rosette and mosaic headstock, bearing witness to Connor’s impressive journey.
Played for only a precious few hours, this guitar awaits its next master. Do not miss this unique opportunity to own a work of art without the usual two-year wait. Strive for excellence, embrace ‘Collage.’
|Back and sides:||Indian rosewood|
|Air body frequency:||F#/G|
|Strings:||Knobloch EDC 34.0|