Bernd Holzgruber from Velden at Wörthersee (Carinthia) in Austria was born in 1939, studied guitar with Karl Scheit in Vienna and played his final examination in 1968 on a self-constructed instrument. Since then, he took care of Scheit’s instrument collection which gave him the possibility to study master guitars, for example by Robert Bouchet, as well as historical lutes. He is a pioneer in the construction of historical instruments and a creative luthier, who had constantly continued developing his models during his 50-year career. The top of this guitar is made of cedar in Doubletop-construction (Aramid). Back and ribs are made of Indian roseweood with the the sides and back veneered with Amazonas rosewood. The machine heads are by Klaus Scheller.
|Back and ribs:||Indian Rosewood|