Claude Hyppolite Collin (ca. 1785-1864), after his apprentice at Jean Baptiste Vuillaume’s father in Mirecourt, he worked in Paris as a guitar-maker. His workshop was situated at 7 Rue des Fossés Montmatre. In about 1830, Collin was managing an important musical instrument shop in Paris “Pres la Place ds Victoires”. This detail is very important for guitarists and musicians: it is the address of René Lacôte, very close to Chanot and Vuillaume, and not far from the Paris Conservatory. We know something of Collin thanks to letters that Chanot wrote to Collin’s sister, who had remained in Mirecourt, in which he orders from her accessories for instrument making, tail-pieces, pegs, music stands and other items. From this we may deduce that, although while in Paris at the start of his career he had built some excellent guitars, Collin subsequently preferred to return to work in Mirecourt, where he moved after 1823: here, his network of friends, colleagues and dealers enabled him to maintain commercial relations with Paris, and at the same time, from Mirecourt, to manage a retail shop that was strategically placed in the French capital. This guitar was built around 1820.